Tuesday, September 30, 2008

coffe break


in a brief conversation during coffee, a friend asked me, “what kind of man are you looking for?” i sat quietly for a moment before looking him in the eye and asked, “do you really want to konw?” reluctantly, he said “yes” then i began to expound.
“as a woman in this day and age, i am in a position to ask a man what he can do for me that i can’t do for myself. i pay my own bills, i take care of my household without the help of any man or woman for that matter. i am in the position to ask, “what can you bring to the table?”
my friend looked at me. clearly he thought i was referring to money. i quickly corrected his thought and stated, “i am not referring to money. i need something more. “i need a man who is striving for perfection in every aspect of life.” he sat back in his chair, folded his arms and asked me to explain, i said,
“i am looking for someone who is striving for perfection mentally because i need conversations and mental stimulation. i don’t need a simple-minded man.”
“i am looking for someone who is striving for perfection spiritually because i don’t need to be unequally yoked… believers mixed with unbelivers is a recipe for disaster”.
“i need a man who is striving for perfection financially because i don’t need a financial burden.”
“i am looking for someone who i can respect in order to be submissive, i must respect him. i cannot be submissive to a man who isn’t taking care of his business. i have no problem being submissive, he just have to be worthy.” god made woman to be a help mate for man. I can’t help a man if he can’t help himself.
when i finished, i looked at him. my friend sat there with a puzzled look on his face and he said, “you are asking a lot.”
i replied, “im worth a lot!.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yet To Come

The song that best describe the new chapter of my life! ๐Ÿ’œ