Thursday, October 30, 2008
The following test was designed by the popular radio talk show host Dr. Laura. After taking this test, you'll quickly know whether your relationship has a good chance of growing into a long-lasting relationship, and maybe even marriage. Answer each question with "yes" or "no." After taking the test, check your score results below. Afterwards, have your boyfriend/girlfriend take the test to see how you compare. Most importantly, be honest! Your future happiness depends on it
1.Can you say there's no jealousy in your relationship?
2.Is your relationship free of drug and alcohol abuse?
3.Can you say you're never asked to compromise your moral values?
4.Do you appreciate and enjoy each other's family and friends?
5.Have you discussed your long-term goals for faith, family and career in detail?
6.Do you have complete confidence in each other?
7.Has experience shown him/her to always be truthful and open with you?
8.Does he/she always follow through on promises and commitments?
9.Do you talk openly and easily with each other about everything? (Including this test?)
10.Do you both listen carefully to one another and try to understand each other's point of view?
11.Do you practice the same faith by praying and going to church together regularly?
12.Do you both agree that marriage is forever?
13.Do you refrain from using manipulation or blackmail to get your own way?
14.Do you like spending time together doing different activities? (Not just watching TV, mall shopping or talking on the phone together. I recommend volunteering for church, charity and civic projects -- or joining school clubs, bands, debate teams or sports programs.)
15.When you have a disagreement or the going gets tough, do both of you respond respectfully
with patience and understanding?
16.Have your family and friends told you they approve of your relationship -- that they feel it's making you a better person?
17.Do you limit your physical relationship to holding hands and simple kisses?
18.Have you seen each other during good times and bad? (Virtues shine during adversity. Never rush to marriage. You'll miss critical signs of good or bad character traits.)
19.Do you both stay away from pornographic magazines, videos, internet, etc.?
20.If your future spouse had a serious accident that maimed or disfigured him/her for life, would your love remain strong? Could your love survive without physical expression?
21.Do each of you dress, speak and act modestly?
22.Can you admit your own shortcomings and discuss them openly?
23.Are you both generous in making sacrifices for others?
24.Does your sweetheart already have the qualities needed to be a super spouse and a wonderful parent for your children?
25.Are you willing to give up power and let your loved one control some of the important decisions and circumstances? (True love means frequently surrendering your will to meet your loved one's needs and wishes without violating your moral values.)
Here's the Scoring . . .
Scoring: Give yourself one point for each "yes" answer and zero points for each "no" answer.(Her score?____ His Score?____)
22 to 25 pts. "Solid as a Rock!". . .
It's True Love! Congratulations on a very strong relationship.
19 to 21 pts. "Looking Good!". . .
You're relationship has good potential. With a little work, you can become "Solid as a Rock."
15 to 18 pts. "Warning Signals!". . .
It might be "Infatuation." Work on the "No's." Take the test again in 6 months and again in 12 months. Hopefully your scores will improve and your relationship will grow. If your relationship doesn't greatly improve within a year, you should consider ending it.
Below 15 pts. "Red Alert!". . .
Sorry, this may be painful to hear, but it's probably time to say "goodbye." It's either blind infatuation or there are other serious problems. (If you're married and you scored below 15 points, don't give up -- get some good marriage counseling ASAP.)
** Bonus Question **
Are both of you committed to saving sex for marriage?
If yes, add 2 points to your score.
Important Tip from Dr. Laura . . .
"It's difficult to get an accurate reading from my Is it Love? test if you're sexually active. Sex is so powerful that it's often blinding before marriage. That's one of the reasons I say, 'Don't shack up!' If you're sexually active, my first recommendation is to stop having sex immediately. With sex out of the picture, it will be easier to see how each of you responds in the critical areas that build strong, healthy, lasting relationships. It's definitely challenging to save sex for marriage - but it's worth the wait and it helps assure a happier marriage. Go ahead - make the commitment. You'll be glad you waited!"
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Malacanang WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2008 GOVERNMENT MANAGEMENT
Malacanang announced today that Oct. 31, 2008, the eve of All Saints’ Day, will not be declared a public holiday.“Oct. 31 will not be declared a public holiday”, said Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita when asked on the possible declaration of the said date as nationwide public rest day in pre-celebration of the All Saints’ Day on Nov. 1.
Ermita said that the government is giving the employers the prerogative to allow their workers and employees to go on half day.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Finally , the guys' side of the story. ( I must admit, it's pretty good.)
We always hear "the rules" From the female side.
Now here are the rules from the male side.
These are our rules! Please note.. these are all numbered "1"ON PURPOSE!
1.Men are NOT mind readers.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work! Strong hints do not work! Obvious hints do not work! Just say it!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is in admissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become Null and void after 7 Days.
1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one
1. You can either ask us to do something Or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials..
1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," We will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.
1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really .
1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball or golf.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!
Thank you for reading this.
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight;
But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.
Let me tell you a story.
Three construction workers> were on top of their half-finished skyscraper.
Rrrrring!" the lunch bell sounded, and the three men
sat on a steel beam jutting out of the 56th floor
with their lunch boxes in hand.
The first guy opens his and groans in exasperation,
"Tuyo!" There is not a day that I don't get tuyo for
lunch!" He turns to his buddies and announces, "Mark
my words. If I still get tuyo tomorrow, I'm going to
throw myself from this building."
The second guy opens his lunch box and moans,
"Tinapa". Everyday, I get tinapa!" He looks at his
friends and declares, "Believe me when I say this.
If I get tinapa tomorrow, I'm going to jump and kill myself."
The third guy opens his lunch box and it was his
turn to despair. "Galunggong". All I get is
galunggong!" I'm telling you, if I still get
galunggong tomorrow, I'm going to jump from this building and die."
The next day, the lunch bell rings and all three men
are again seated on the 56th floor. The first guy
opens his lunch box and starts crying, "Tuyoooooo!"
And so he jumps and crashes on the ground.
The second guy opens his lunch box and wails loudly,
"Tinapaaaa!" And he also hurls himself off the
building and dies.
The third guy opens his lunch box and screams,
"Galunggonggggg!" And so he too jumps off the
building and splatters on the ground.
Days later, during the funeral of the three men! ,
their three wives embrace and weep together.
The first wife cries out, "I didn't know my husband
didn't like tuyo anymore! Why didn't he tell me? If
only he told me, I would have prepared something> else."
The second wife echoes her statement, "Yes! If only
I knew, I would have cooked something else, not tinapa!"
The third wife, between sobs, speaks up,
"I don't know why my husband killed himself."
The two wives look at her curiously.
She went on, "Because ... my husband prepares his
own lunch everyday..."
I love this crazy story because it presents a very
important truth: all of us prepare our own lunch.
If we don't like our jobs, if we don't like the state
of our relationships, if! we don't like what's
happening to our spiritual lives - we have no one to
blame but ourselves. Because God has given us free will.
He has given us the power to prepare our own> lunch.
If you want to earn more and be free from debt,
if> you're sick and tired of your bad habits, if we want
to put more joy in our marriages, if we want to grow
in our relationship with God - then go back to your
kitchen and prepare yourself another dish.
Because you design your own future. You create your own
destiny. Ask yourself what kind of future do you
want to have? What kind of life? What kind of> eternity?
1. nangongolekta ka ng paper stationaries at mahilig ka magpa pirma sa slumbook mo para lang malaman mo kung sino ang crush ng type mo?
2. kilala mo si manang bola at ang sitsiritsit girls? e si luning-ning at luging-ging?
3. alam mo ibig sabihin ng time space warp at di mo makakalimutan ang time space warp chant
4. idol mo si McGyver at nanonood kang perfect strangers?
5. eto malupet... six digits lang ba ang phone number nyo dati?
6. nakakatawag ka pa sa pay phone ng 3 bentesingko lang ang dala?
7. cute pa si aiza seguerra sa eat bulaga at alam mo ang song na "eh kasi bata"?
8. inabutan mo ba na ang Magnolia Chocolait eh nasa glass bottle pa na ginagawang lalagyan ng tubig ng nanay mo sa ref?
9. meron kang pencil case na maraming compartments na pinagyayabang mo sa mga kaklase mo?
10. noon mo pa hinahanap kung saan ang Goya Fun Factory?
11. alam mo lyrics ng "tinapang bangus" at "alagang-alaga namin si puti"?
12. alam mo ang kantang "gloria labandera".. lumusong sha sa tubig ang paa ay nabasa at ang "1, 2, 3,asawa ni marie"... hehehehehe?
13. sosyal ka pag may play-doh ka at Lego... at nag-iipon ka ng G.I. Joe action figures at iba pa ang mukha ni barbie noon?
14. inabutan mo pa yung singkong korteng bulaklak at yung diyes na square?
15. lumaki kang bobo dahil ang akala mo nangangagat talaga ang alimango sa kantang tong-tong-tong...diba naninipit yun?
16. alam mo yung kwento ng pari na binigyan ng perayung batang umakyat ng puno para bumili ng panty... and shempre, alam mo rin ba kung ano binigay nya sa nanay nung umakyat ng puno
17. meron kang kabisadong kanta ni andrew e na alam mo hanggang ngayon.. aminin?
18. laging lampin ang sinasapin sa likod mo pag pinapawisan ka?
19. bumibili ka ng tarzan, texas at bazooka bubble gum... tira-tira, at yung kending bilog na sinawsaw sa asukal?
20. takot ka dumating ang year 1999 dahil sabi nla magugunaw daw ang mundo?
21. Nanood ka ng Takeshi's Castle at naniwala kang si Anjo Yllana talaga si Takeshi at si Smokey Manaloto ang kanyang alalay. (Pinagiisipan mo - pano sila lumalaban sa final challenge na parang nakasakay sila sa isang bumpcar at nagbabarilan sila gamit ang water gun gayong sa Japan ginagawa yun eh taga Pilipinas sila?)
22. Alam mo ang pa-contest ng Kool 106 na uulit-ulitin mong bigkasin ang "Kool 106, Kool 106" hanggang maubusan ka ng hininga.
23. Naglaro ka ng Shake-Shake Shampoo, Monkey-Monkey- Annabelle, prikidam 123, Langit-Lupa- Impyerno, Syato, Luksong-Tinik, Luksong-Baka, 10-20, bente uno at kung ano-ano pang larong nakakapagod.
24. Pumunta ang mga taga- MILO sa school niyo at namigay sila ng samples na nakalagay sa plastic cup na kasing laki nung sa maliit na ice cream. (at nagtaka ka, bakit hindi ganito ang lasa ng MILO kapag tinitimpla ko sa bahay namin?)
25. May malaking away ang mga METAL (mga punks na naka itim) at mga HIPHOP (mga taong naka maluwang na puruntong na kahit makita na ang dalawang bundok.) Nag-aabangan sa mall na may dalang baseball bat at kung anu-ano pang mga sandata. Sikat ang kasabihang "PUNKS NOT DEAD!" pero kung gusto mong mag play safe, pwede mong tawagin ang sarili mong HIPTAL.
26. Nagpauto ka sa Batibot pero hindi sa ATBP.
27. Nakipag-away ka para makapaglaro ng brick game. (hi-tech na yun noon)
28. Ang "text" noon ay mga 1"x1.5" na karton na may mga drawing ng pelikulang pinoy. (at may dialog pa!)
29. Dalawa lang ang todong sumikat na wrestler, si Hulk Hogan at si Ultimate Warrior. Naniwala ka rin na namatay si Ultimate Warrior nang buhatin niya si Andre d' Giant dahil pumutok ang mga ugat niya sa muscle.
30. Nagsayaw ka ng running man at kung anu-anong dance steps na nakapagpamukha sa'yong tanga sa saliw na kantang Ice Ice Baby, Wiggle It, Pray at Can't Touch This.
31. Hindi ka gaanong mahilig sa That's Entertainment at pinapanood mo lang ito tuwing Sabado kung saan nagpapagandahan ng production numbers ang Monday hanggang Friday group. (at badtrip ka sa Wednesday group dahil pinakabaduy lagi ang performance nila!)
32. Napaligaya ka ng maraming pinoy bands tulad ng Yano, Rivermaya, Grin Department, Tropical Depression, The Teeth, The Youth, After Image, Orient Pearl, The Dawn, Alamid, Wolfgang, at ang sikat na sikat na Eraserheads. (at aminin mong nakinig ka ng Siakol!)
33. Kilala mo ang Smokey Mountain, (first and second generation)
34. Hindi pa uso noon ang sapatos na may gulong. Noon, astig ka kapag umiilaw ang swelas ng sapatos mo tuwing ia-apak mo ito.
35. Kung lalaki ka, sikat na sikat sa'yo ang mga larong text, jolens, dampa (mga unang anyo ng pustahan), at saranggola
36. Kung babae ka naman, ang mga laro mo with you're girlfriends ay luto-lutuan, bahay-bahayan, doktor-doktoran, at kung anu-ano pang pagkukunwari . ang dakilang manika mo ay si Barbie. (Sikat ka kung meron kang bahay, kotse at kabaong ni Barbie.)
37. Naniwala kang original ang isang cap kapag may walong tahi sa visor nito.
38. Swerte ka kapag panghapon ka dahil masusubaybayan mo ang mga kapanapanabik na kaganapan sa mga paborito mong cartoon shows tuwing umaga tulad ng Cedie, Sarah, at Dog of Landers a.k.a. Nelo. (Hindi ka ba nagtataka na sa lahat ng mga bida sa cartoons na ito, si Nelo lang ang di yumaman at namatay pa ng maaga)
39. Alam mo ang ibig sabihin ng "TIME FIRST!"
40. alam mo din ang ibig sabihin ng "PERIOD NO ERASE!"
41. for girls: malamang nag-away na kyo ng ibang friends mo dahil sa T.G.I.S. at Gimik! LOL! (jologs na kung jologs pero totoo!)
42. madalas kang bumili ng "wonder boy" sa iyong suking tindahan.
43. nilalagyan mo ng pritos ring ang bawat daliri mo at kakainin mong isa-isa.
44. binabatukan mo ang mga kasama mo kapag nakakita ka ng kotseng kuba tapos magtataas ka ng peace sign.
45. at minsan yung linyang "PERIOD NO ERASE" ay may dagdag pang "AKIN PADLOCK, AKIN SUSI" (edi sayo! hehe)
46. noon: for boys and girls, specially sa barkada, "hook na hook" kayo sa x-men at nagrorole play kayo at claiming na kayo si storm, o kaya si cyclops or wolverine, etc.
47. noon: wala ka sa "fashion" pag ala kang pop swatch (ur own personal wall clock at your wrist
48. kabisado mo ang 3:00 prayer dahil napapanood mo ito tuwing hapon, at kabisado mo din pati ung "we have just as one nation started the beautiful 3:00 habit...we hope that this becomes a daily habit with you..."
49. kumakain ka ba ng aratilis?
50.nagpipitpit ng gumamela para gawing soapy bubbles na hihipanmo sa binilog na tanggkay ng walis tingting?
51. pinipilit ka ba matulog ng nanay mo pag hapon at di ka papayagan maglaro pag di ka natulog
52. marunong ka magpatintero, saksak puso, langit-lupa, teleber-teleber, luk song tinik?
53. malupit ka pag meron kang atari, family computer or nes?
54. alam mo ang silbi ng up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, a, b, a, b, start
55.Pinagyayabang mo ang bago mong Game N' Watch na bibili ng nanay mo sa palengke.
56. Kinukuha ng nanay at tatay mo yung perang pinamaskuhan mo sa ninang at ninong mo.
57. may mga damit ka na U.S.E.D., Boy London, Cross Colors, Esprit, Blowing Bubbles at pag nakakakitaka ng Bench na damit eh naalala mo si Richard Gomez?
58. addict ka sa rainbow brite, carebears, my little pony,thundercats, bioman, voltes v, mazinger z, daimos, he-man at marami pang cartoons na hindi pa translated sa tagalog?
59. nanonood ka ng shaider kasi nabobosohan mo si annie at type na type mo ang puting panty nya?
60. marunong ka mag wordstar at nakahawak ka na talaga ng 5.25 na floppy disk ung talagang floppy?
61. inaabangan mo lagi ang batibot at akala mo magkakatuluyan si kuya bodgie at ate sienna?
Tapos isang araw nawala ako, hinanap mo ako at
tinanong, "Bakit ka nagsawa?" Ngumiti ako, "Hindi ako
nagsawa. Natauhan lang." Pwede mo kong lokohin pero
wag kang magpapahuli sakin. Pwede mo kong palitan
pero siguraduhin mong mas mahal mo siya sakin.
Pwede mo kong iwan pero siguraduhin mong kaya mo.
Kasi pagako sobrang nasaktan, wala ka nang babalikan.
Ang Boys? Pag trip ka, magpapakilala. Kaibigan kuno
hanggang pumorma na.Tapos pag nahulog ka na,ayun,
goodbye na dahil sawa na sila. Pero dapat walang iiyak at
smile lang tayo. Punyeta, anong silbi ng karma?
I fell in love and got hurt but I didn't shed too much tears
nor did I ask him to love me again.Instead, I stood up proudly
and said, "Ganyan talagaang magaganda! Hindi bagay sa tanga!"
Simple lang para hindi ka masaktan. Kapag minahal ka,mahalin mo din.
Kapag ginago ka, gaguhin mo rin.Pero kapag umiyak ka, tanga ka!
Ginago ka na nga, iiyakan mo pa?
Pag iniwan ka ng mahal mo, wag mo siyang sisihin!
Kausapin mo siya ng harap-harapan at sabihin mong,
"Ingat, tanga ka pa naman!"
Masakit pag iniwan ka ng mahal mo. Pero wag kang magagalit ng husto.
Kahit papano may pinagsamahannaman kayo, diba?
Kaya for the last time yakapin mo siya at ibulong mo,
Girls, talo daw tayo sa mga boys? Papayag kayo?
Sige,pag niligawan tayo, sagot agad. Pag iniwan tayo?
Ok lang. Kapag sinabi nilang, "Uy, ex ko." Alam niyo sagot diyan?
If the one you love doesn't love you back, don't get depressed.
Just think about it for a while, maybe cry a bit then wipe your tears
and say, "Ang weird naman niya. Di siya pumapatol sa magaganda!"
You only got one life so live it well., one heart so take good care,
one soul so keep it pure. One boyfriend? What a waste! Make it two or more!
Sayang ganda natin!Pag sinabi sayo ng mahal mo na ayaw na niya sayo,
hayaan mo lang. Wag kang iiyak at magpapakagago! Imbis na iyakan mo siya,
ngitian mo lang at sabihin moang ganito, "So, pano? Bye na! Naghihintay na ang kapalit mo!"
Who cares about break-ups? Oo nga, masakit. Makirot sapuso.
Pero tandaan mo: a break-up isn't only an endto a relationship.
It's also a beginning of a new one and an end to a living hell called "ex".
Monday, October 27, 2008
Halloween has its origins in the ancient Celtic festival known as Samhain (Irish pronunciation: [saun]; from the Old Irish samain).The festival of Samhain is a celebration of the end of the harvest season in Gaelic culture, and is sometimes regarded as the "Celtic New Year". Traditionally, the festival was a time used by the ancient pagans to take stock of supplies and slaughter livestock for winter stores. The ancient Gaels believed that on October 31, now known as Halloween, the boundary between the alive and the deceased dissolved, and the dead become dangerous for the living by causing problems such as sickness or damaged crops. The festivals would frequently involve bonfires, into which bones of slaughtered livestock were thrown. Costumes and masks were also worn at the festivals in an attempt to mimic the evil spirits or placate them.
History of name
The term Halloween is shortened from All Hallows' Even (both "even" and "eve" are abbreviations of "evening", but "Halloween" gets its "n" from "even") as it is the eve of "All Hallows' Day",which is now also known as All Saints' Day. It was a day of religious festivities in various northern European Pagan traditions, until Popes Gregory III and Gregory IV moved the old Christian feast of All Saints' Day from May 13 (which had itself been the date of a pagan holiday, the Feast of the Lemures) to November 1. In the ninth century, the Church measured the day as starting at sunset, in accordance with the Florentine calendar. Although All Saints' Day is now considered to occur one day after Halloween, the two holidays were, at that time, celebrated on the same day. Liturgically, the Church traditionally celebrated that day as the Vigil of All Saints, and, until 1970, a day of fasting as well. Like other vigils, it was celebrated on the previous day if it fell on a Sunday, although secular celebrations of the holiday remained on the 31st. The Vigil was suppressed in 1955, but was later restored in the post-Vatican II calendar.
The carved pumpkin, lit by a candle inside, is one of Halloween's most prominent symbols in America, and is commonly called a jack-o'-lantern. Originating in Europe, these lanterns were first carved from a turnip or rutabaga. Believing that the head was the most powerful part of the body containing the spirit and the knowledge, the Celts used the "head" of the vegetable to frighten off any superstitions.The name jack-o'-lantern can be traced back to the Irish legend of Stingy Jack, a greedy, gambling, hard-drinking old farmer. He tricked the devil into climbing a tree and trapped him by carving a cross into the tree trunk. In revenge, the devil placed a curse on Jack, condemning him to forever wander the earth at night with the only light he had: a candle inside of a hollowed turnip. The carving of pumpkins is associated with Halloween in North America, where pumpkins were readily available and much larger, making them easier to carve than turnips. Many families that celebrate Halloween carve a pumpkin into a frightening or comical face and place it on their home's doorstep after dark. In America the tradition of carving pumpkins is known to have preceded the Great Famine period of Irish immigration. The carved pumpkin was originally associated with harvest time in general in America and did not become specifically associated with Halloween until the mid-to-late 19th century.
The imagery surrounding Halloween is largely an amalgamation of the Halloween season itself, nearly a century of work from American filmmakers and graphic artists, and a rather commercialized take on the dark and mysterious. Halloween imagery tends to involve death, magic, or mythical monsters. Traditional characters include ghosts, ghouls, witches, owls, crows, vultures, pumpkin-men, black cats, spiders, goblins, zombies, mummies, skeletons, and demons.
Particularly in America, symbolism is inspired by classic horror films, which contain fictional figures like Frankenstein's monster and The Mummy. Elements of the autumn season, such as pumpkins and scarecrows, are also prevalent. Homes are often decorated with these types of symbols around Halloween.
Trick-or-treating and guising
Halloween costumes are traditionally those of monsters such as ghosts, skeletons, witches, and devils. Costumes are also based on themes other than traditional horror, such as those of characters from television shows, movies and other pop culture icons.
BIG research conducted a survey for the National Retail Federation in the United States and found that 53.3% of consumers planned to buy a costume for Halloween 2005, spending $38.11 on average (up 10 dollars from the year before). They were also expected to spend $4.96 billion in 2006, up significantly from just $3.3 billion the previous year.
Games and other activities
There are several games traditionally associated with Halloween parties. The most common is dunking or apple bobbing, in which apples float in a tub or a large basin of water; the participants must use their teeth to remove an apple from the basin. A variant of dunking involves kneeling on a chair, holding a fork between the teeth and trying to drop the fork into an apple. Another common game involves hanging up treacle or syrup-coated scones by strings; these must be eaten without using hands while they remain attached to the string, an activity which inevitably leads to a very sticky face.
Some games traditionally played at Halloween are forms of divination. In Puicíní (pronounced "poocheeny"), a game played in Ireland, a blindfolded person is seated in front of a table on which several saucers are placed. The saucers are shuffled and the seated person then chooses one by touch. The contents of the saucer determine the person's life during the following year. A saucer containing earth means someone known to the player will die during the next year, a saucer containing water foretells emigration, a ring foretells marriage, a set of Rosary beads indicates that the person will take Holy Orders (becoming a nun or a priest). A coin means new wealth, a bean means poverty, and so on. In 19th century Ireland, young women placed slugs in saucers sprinkled with flour. A traditional Irish and Scottish form of divining one's future spouse is to carve an apple in one long strip, then toss the peel over one's shoulder. The peel is believed to land in the shape of the first letter of the future spouse's name. This custom has survived among Irish and Scottish immigrants in the rural United States.
Unmarried women were frequently told that if they sat in a darkened room and gazed into a mirror on Halloween night, the face of their future husband would appear in the mirror. However, if they were destined to die before marriage, a skull would appear. The custom was widespread enough to be commemorated on greeting cards from the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. The mirror gaze was one of many forms of love divination around Halloween and other ancient holy days
The telling of ghost stories and viewing of horror films are common fixtures of Halloween parties. Episodes of TV series and specials with Halloween themes (with the specials usually aimed at children) are commonly aired on or before the holiday while new horror films, like the popular Saw films, are often released theatrically before the holiday to take advantage of the atmosphere
Haunted attractions are entertainment venues designed to thrill and scare patrons, and typically are seasonal Halloween businesses. They include haunted houses, corn mazes, and hayrides that are staffed by actors in horrifying costumes placed to startle and terrify customers
Because the holiday comes in the wake of the annual apple harvest, candy apples (also known as toffee or taffy apples) are a common Halloween treat made by rolling whole apples in a sticky sugar syrup, and sometimes rolling them in nuts. At one time, candy apples were commonly given to children, but the practice rapidly waned in the wake of widespread rumors that some individuals were embedding items like pins and razor blades in the apples. While there is evidence of such incidents, they are quite rare and have never resulted in serious injury. Nonetheless, many parents assumed that such heinous practices were rampant; at the peak of the hysteria, some hospitals offered free x-rays of children's Halloween hauls in order to find evidence of tampering. Virtually all of the few known candy poisoning incidents involved parents who poisoned their own children's candy, while there have been occasional reports of children putting needles in their own (and other children's) candy in a mere bid for attention.
One custom which persists in modern-day Ireland is the baking (or more often nowadays the purchase) of a barmbrack (Irish "báirín breac"), which is a light fruit cake into which a plain ring, a coin and other charms are placed before baking. It is said that those who get a ring will find their true love in the ensuing year
the past weekend was quite boring, sa house lang ako nitong saturday and sunday, we were supposed to join the prusisyon last night kaso di na kami sumama di pa kasi nakakapag-meeting yung presidium nila jasper. nikki and i just waitied in the patio, then i went inside sa sacristy kasi meron pa akong serve last sa mass. after the mass we went to the house of ate grace, pinanood namin yung video nung wedding nila ni richard. mejo mahaba yung cd kasi it was not editied by the photographer, yung usuall video na pati ceremony sa church kasama, unlike yung kay teacher na ang nasa video lang is those na highlight nung buong wedding.
ang bagal naman ng oras sana uwian na!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
oo nga e“grabe, eto pala feeling ng pagod na pagod”
--sinabi mo“alam mo yung ichura ng pantyliner na sinuot mo at di mo pinalitan ng isang buong araw?”
--what the f***?“yung at the end of the day, at feel mong magpalit na dahil may "icky feeling", pagpunta mo sa banyo at pag upo mo sa toilet, at pagbaba ng iyong salawal….YAAK!.”
--kadiri ka naman
“Yon, yon mismo ang nafifeel ko ngayon. As in siyeet, I feel used, luray luray, mabaho, useless, di na tao in short."*silence*
--hmm, come to think of it, I can relate..
Diyan nag-umpisa yung usapang pantyliner. Sa dinami dami ng bagay sa mundo na pwede icompare yung feeling ng ka block ko, sa pantyliner nya na-trip-an. Kunsabagay, tumpak at maihahalintulad mo nga naman ang kanyang sitwasyon sa pantyliner. Ang galing nga e, parang ako rin, na feel ko rin bigla yon. Para bang..*poof* naging pantyliner ako!
Anyway, na miss ko lang ang ganyang usapan, usapang college na tipong kahit anong bagay e mapaguusapan nyong magkakaibigan. Kahit yung hilatsa ng mukha ng propesor nyo, at kung bakit may pasok kahit ang lakas lakas ng bagyo sabay pagpasok mo e iaanunsiyo sa eskuwelahan an walang pasok, at kahit yung mga topic sa politika, parang kahit anong klaseng usapan ay considered as good conversation topic.
Hindi tulad ngayong nagtatrabaho na, para bang ang hirap magbuo ng kwento sa mga kakilala mo. Sige, subukan mo nga, tanungin mo yung team lead mo ng “Paano kung isa kang pantyliner?” at pagmasdan mo ang nakababahalang reaction na guguhit sa mukha niya. Pagkatapos nun, abangan mo sa deliberation kung ano rating mo, at kung may trabaho ka pa sa susunod na buwan.
Yun ang nararamdaman ko ngayong nagtatrabaho ako. Sa tuwing natatapos ang isang araw, ramdam na ramdam ko ang pagiging isang pantyliner ko, yung pantyliner na sinuot mo at di mo pinalitan ng isang buong araw.
Marahil ay na mimiss ko lang ang kolehiyo, ang mababaw na usapan, ang walang kapararaang kuwentuhan ng tungkol sa kahit ano, at shempre ang mga kaibigan at kaklase ko. Ngayong nagtatrabaho ako, ang hirap humanap ng tunay na kaibigan, parang lahat sila kaibigan mo pero..ops ops ops, hanggang diyan ka lang, professional pa rin dapat. Paano kaya yon? Yung kabiruan mo lang kaninang break time na halos di mapigil ang ihi sa katatawa, e siya ring nagpapaalala sa mga deliverables mo for tomorrow, siya ring boss mo, at siya ring sumusukat sa pagkatao mo sa opisina.
Kaya nga ngayon, di tulad nung kolehiyo na babakas sa iyong mukha ang isang ngiti at buong kalakasan mo pang ipaparinig ang “I feel like a pantyliner na!” sabay tawanan niyong magkakaibigan; ngayon,habang nakatunganga ka sa harap ng workstation mo, ikikimkim mo na lang sa iyong sarili ang biro, umasang mapawi ang pagod na nadarama at pabulong na sasabihing, “kailangan ko na yata magpalit.”
When I didn't care for anyone but you
I swear we've been through everything there is
Cant imagine anything we've missed
Cant imagine anything the two of us cant do
Through the year, you've never let me down
You turned my life around, the sweetest days
Ive found Ive found with you ...
through the years Ive never been afraid,
Ive loved the life we've made
And I'm so glad Ive stayed, right here with you
Through the years
I cant remember what I used to do
Who I trusted whom, I listened to before
I swear you've taught me everything I know
Cant imagine needing someone so
But through the years it seems to me
I need you more and more
Through the years, through all the good and bad
I knew how much we had, Ive always been so glad
To be with you ...
through the years Its better everyday,
you've kissed my tears away As long as its okay,
Ill stay with you Through the years
Through the years, when everything went wrong
Together we were strong, I know that I belonged Right here with you ...
through the years i never had a doubt, wed always work things out
Ive learned what loves about, by loving you Through the years
Through the years, you've never let me down
You've turned my life around,
the sweetest days Ive found Ive found with you ...
through the years Its better everyday, you've kissed my tears away
As long as its okay, Ill stay with you
Through the years!
1.German soldiers, both heterosexual and homosexual, are allowed to have sex with each other!
2.It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
3.Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over a million descendants.
4.A blue whale's heart is the size of a Volkswagen Beetle!
5.Perspiration is odorless; it is the bacteria on the skin that creates an odor.
6.Iguanas have two penises!
7.The word 'News' is actually an acronym standing for the 4 cardinal compass points - North, East, West, and South!
8.Panophobia is the fear of everything.
9.At age 70, more than 70 percent of men are still potent!
10.In Albania, nodding your head means 'no' and shaking your head means 'yes'.
11.Jennifer Aniston's original name is Jennifer Anastassakis!
12.'Formicophilia' is the fetish for having small insects crawl on your genitals.
13.A toothbrush within 6 feet of a toilet can get airborne bacteria from flushing.
14.85% of all Valentine's Day cards are purchased by women!
15.If you cut a 'V' shape into your toe nails, you can prevent 'in-grown' toe nails.
16.A broken clock is always right twice a day.
17.The chances of you dying on the way to get your lottery tickets is greater than your chances of winning.
18.China has more English speakers than the United States.
19.Avocados are poisonous to birds.
20.Womens' hearts beat faster than mens'.
21.Frogs cannot swallow without blinking
1.Saturn's rings are about 500,000 miles in circumference but only about a foot thick. [Now i know why those rings look so thin!!!]
2.Unlike dogs, pigs, and some other mammals, humans cannot taste water. They taste only the chemicals and impurities in the water. [i wonder how water tastes to animals then. sweet? sour? bitter? definitely not tasteless…]
3.A rainbow can only be seen in the morning or late afternoon. [yeah, we wouldn't be able to see its beauty if they come out during noon. that could be weird..]
4.The average housewife walks 10 miles a day around the house doing her chores. [hmm. at least it's still becomes a form of exercise. she gains something while doing house chores]
5.The Chow and the Chinese Shar-Pei are the only dogs that have black tongues. [ooh, i haven't seen dogs with black tongues. hope someone would show me..]
6.Approximately 70 percent of the earth is covered by water. Only 1 percent of this water is drinkable. [waaaaa! yeah, it makes sense]
7.It is illegal for tourists to enter Mexico with more than 2 CD's! [why? what's up with that? i wonder why..]
8.If the chemical sodium is dropped into water it will immediately and violently explode. [i'm not a chemistry fan, but REALLY!? now i know!]
9.Sound travels fifteen times faster through steel than through air. [good to know it does! sound does travel a little slow, don't u think?]
10.Women have a slightly higher average IQ than men. [why only "slightly?"]
11.It is possible to go blind from smoking too heavily. [smoking is so bad for you!]
12.Greyhounds have the best eyesight of any breed of dog. [ohhhh. i used to think greyhounds were like small dogs, or puppies. hehe]
13.Walt Disney, the creator of Mickey Mouse, was afraid of mice. [how ironic! but this is such a cool fact!]
14.Crushed cockroaches can be applied to a stinging wound to help relieve the pain. [you gotta be kidding me. is this fact for real? relieve pain!? it would probably worsen the swelling or infection..]
15.Astronauts cannot burp in space. [very very interesting.. i sure science has a very good explanation for this]
16.A rat can go without water longer than a camel can. [why can't rats die easily? they're so disgusting and yet they get these kinds of "abilities"]
17.Cats cannot taste sweet things. [..curious fact]
18.In its ancient form, the carrot was purple, not orange. [purple carrots! how i would like to see that!]
19.If Manhattan had the same population density as Alaska, there would only be 15 people living there. [i saw an ad in NGC with this same trivia. Manhattan looked so deserted.]
20.There are 10 towns named Hollywood in the United States! [we're all familiar with only one hollywood. good to know]
21.The oldest pig in the world lived to the age of 68. [really? how old do normal pigs live?]
None of the Beatles knew how to read music. (Paul McCartney eventually taught himself.) [wow.]
22.Lake Nicaragua in Nicaragua is the only fresh water lake in the world that has sharks. [i cannot imagine sharks in fresh water!]
23.A kangaroo cannot jump if its tail is off the ground. [oooohh, so the tail is like a third foot or something..]
24.The world’s youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910. [hwaaat!!!?? how was this possible!?]
The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered the pastor not to enter the donkey in another race. The next day, the local paper headline read: BISHOP SCRATCHES PASTOR'S ASS.
This was too much for the bishop, so he ordered the pastor to get rid of the donkey. The pastor decided to give it to a nun in a nearby convent. The local paper, hearing of the news posted the following headline the next day:NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN.
The bishop fainted. He informed the nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey, so she sold it to a farmer for $10. The next day the paper read:NUN SELLS ASS FOR $10.
This was too much for the bishop, so he ordered the nun to buy back the donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild. The next day the headlines read: NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS IS WILD AND FREE.
The bishop was buried the next day.
The moral of the story is . . . being concerned about public opinion can bring you much grief and misery . . even shorten your life.So be yourself and enjoy life. Stop worrying about everyone else's ass and you'll be a lot happier and live longer!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Boy: yeah i know everyone does!
Boy: yeah… everyone of my friends that are girls tell me that everyday
Girl: oh… but am i only your friend?
Boy: no… youre my girlfriend… why?
Girl: so when i say i love you i really do mean it
Boy: yeah i know you do mean it… its just that you dont need to tell me that you love me anymore cuz i know you love me since the day we been together and i love you more each and everyday.
Boy: so wanna go somewhere tonight for our 7th anni?
Girl: yeah… where?
Boy: i dont know… maybe movie then dinner?
Boy: ill pick you up after i get off and get ready ok?
Girl: ok. what time do you get off?
Boy: in 2 hours and then i gotta go home and yeah get ready which takes about 15-20 mintues…
Girl: aye… i thought you didnt have work today…
Boy: one of my co-workers called in sick
Girl: oh okay! so ill see you around 7:30 then?
Boy: yeah! and babe?
Boy: i love you
Girl: i love you too!
Boy: ok my manager is like looking at me so yeah…. i gotta go.
Girl: ok bye
2 hours later…
the guy drives to his girlfriends house and walks up to the door and rings bell
Girl: hey! (gives a kiss to her boyfriend)
Boy: wassup… you ready?
Girl: um… wait… let me get my bag and we can go ok?
they both watched a movie and atedinner…. once they were done eatingthey head back to the car but beforeshe got into the car…
Boy: wait! can i blind fold you?
Boy: its a suprise
Girl: what kind of suprise?
Boy: a big one
Girl: okay but only if you promise me that you will hold my hand while we're driving.
Boy: i promise.
Girl: ok blind fold me…
so they drove off……….. and then they stoped.
Boy: ok we're here!
Boy: wait let me walk you to the place!
Girl: what place?
Boy: somewhere! (and gives a kiss to her on the lips)
the boy walks her to the place
Boy: ok…. let me take the blind fold off
Girl: where are we?
he takes it off her and she opens hereyes and sees the view of the city andat that same spot… thats where hefirst asked her to be hisGirlfriend….
Girl: omg…. (tears come down)
Boy: why are you crying?
Girl: this is where you first asked me out…
Boy: what are you doing the rest of your life? (he asked on his knees and after he says that…behind him… in theair it says "will you marry me?" in fireworks)
Girl: (tears come down faster)
Boy: i wasnt at work when you called me… i was planning this whole thing!
Girl: get up!
Girl: (kisses him)
Boy: is that a yes or a no?
here are some of the pictures.......